Announcement: 'Hounds Fall Home Opener, Aug 27th 2pm EST!
Serving Our Rugby Community Since 1974
Cincinnati RFC features two
Our Club Is Our Family
The Cincinnati RFC was founded in 1974 by members of the University of Cincinnati, Xavier University, and other local schools, with the objective of playing the highest level of rugby possible. The team, known as the Wolfhounds, currently competes in the Midwest region of men’s rugby in both Division 1 and Division 3 as well as summer 7’s for Women and Men.
Men’s Division I
The DI Men’s team competes in the Midwest East League with fall and spring seasons starting in August and February, respectively.
Men’s Second Side
The Men’s Second Side competes in the Midwest League with fall and spring seasons starting in August and February, respectively.
The Women’s 7’s team competes in the Midwest 7’s circuit and the season starts in April. The season runs through August.
The store has all kinds of Wolfhounds gear, including t-shirts, dry-fits, sweatshirts, jackets, hoodies, shorts, scarves, and hats. The best part is, SquadLocker passes along 10% of every order directly to the club. Visit the link here to browse the store, Go Hounds!
Competing at the highest level involves supporting player travel and maintaining the best pitches in the Midwest. Promoting player development begins with youth programs across our region, through partnerships with local high school teams, in providing the Midwest collegiate players’ Overseas Rugby Experience Program, and much more. Help us break the gain line. Donate today!
Annual subscriptions determine Club privileges and certify participation at general meetings. Team members and Grayhounds can pay through our site. For specific information regarding Undergraduate or Overseas members, contact our Club Treasurer.
CRFC maintains the premier rugby piches in the midwest - Brimelow Fields. We have two regulation-size picthes with natural grass, scoreboards, and stadium lights. Located near Cincinnati, Ohio it is easily accesible and accomodating. Several national tournaments are hosted there as well as club, college, and high-school events. Brimelow Fields: 6440 Stockton Rd. Fairfield, OH 45242
Our Clubhouse has hosted legends of the league and rugby in general. We host international players, Grayhounds, teams, and events throughout the year here. Some of our fondest memories have been made, and continue to be made, in this 5 bedroom house with a meeting room/bar in the basement. The huge back-yard hosts our socials and parties where we can bond with eachother and others.
The snack shack at Brimelow fields offers tasty, as well as healthy, treats along with meal-type options, drinks, and merchandise for patrons and players during game and tournament days. We have a liquor license that allows us to sell beer or daily memberships for beer as well. The snack shack is volunteer-operated and all income goes to club improvements.
- NO CARRY IN ALCOHOL
- ZERO TOLERANCE
- Any/all alcohol brought in will be confiscated upon entry.
- All confiscated alcohol will be kept on ice and enjoyed by the day’s volunteers after you have gone home
If caught with alcohol on property, you will be EJECTED and not refunded (parking / tournament entry / etc.)
1. You could try to pull the old, wait-till-the-tourney-is-done-and-then-breakout-the-beer-when-they-all go home. So, I guess, if you want to bring it in... Thanks, I guess, but your alcohol will be confiscated.
- Alcohol is for sale- You must be 21 to purchase alcohol.
NOTE: Helicopters are free… because that would be sweet!
- NO PARKING in driveways down the street, your vehicle will be ticketed and towed. Not by us. But they will gladly have you removed
1. We’re cool with dogs, as long as they’re on a leash and well behaved
2. Please remember to bring your own plastic bags for cleanup
3. Cats?? Cats are jerks and probably don’t like rugby anyway - they’re into tennis and crap like that… whatever, if you want to bring your cat, you can… same rules apply though.
4. Other animals? Don’t be that guy/girl and be the weirdo that brings a snake or lizard or something.
Do these rules seem familiar? Aside from the basic fact that this how almost EVERYONE runs a tournament, we did get some help. We liked the “House Rules” for the Firehouse 7s so much that we borrowed them for our tournament. Thank you, Chicago Blaze!
Want to Join The Club?
Get involved with any of our teams, committees, Grayhounds, the Midwest Rugby Development Foundation, youth programs, and more by getting in touch with us. We would love to have you involved!